Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14th, 2010. 4:30 PM



This weekend we are dog sitting for my cousin. At 34 months Colin has not been exposed to many animals so he is understandably wary of them. Luckily for us, Princess (our borrowed dog) is a Chihuahua with a laid back temperament (read: small and lives with another toddler). Colin warmed up to her almost immediately and calls her "duh best dog eber". It is adorable, but does not make me want a to get a dog. Because along with adoring the dog comes the non-stop parade of wanting to poke at the dogs ears, cover the dog in blankets, lay on the dog while she's napping, chase the dog around the house...all behaviors met with a growl. (Presumably because the other toddler Princess lives with is not nearly so relentlessly invasive.) And this means that my days have been filled with rules and admonishments.. "Princess, be nice!" "Colin, for the love of God leave that poor animal alone for two seconds!". I just pray that this is not an indicator of how my life will be for the next 15 years.



This weekend also marked week 8 of my pregnancy with The Bean. And week 6 of never ending nausea and exhaustion. I don't recall feeling this ill with Colin, but that might be due to the fact that I had no idea I was pregnant for the first 3 or 4 months of my pregnancy (I could have been on that show!) and so any morning sickness might have been dismissed as food poisoning or the stomach flu or a hangover...yikes. I have been told through the wonders of Babycenter.com that The Bean is living up to her nickname (I'll switch off pronouns till we know what The Bean will be!) and is in fact, the size of a lima bean. And so we are also assuming that she is delicious cooked with butter!

I'm kidding. She'd probably taste terrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com